If you love fun and spooky Halloween treats I have an ecookbook for you filled with more fun family friendly sweets! Perfect for a Spooky Halloween Party or after school treats!
I don’t decorate for every holiday BUT I make FOOD for every holiday! Let’s face it, it’s ALL about the food for me! So coming up with something cute and fun that also tastes good is always the goal, if it’s simple enough for the kids to help with that’s even better! My kids loved this one because they could personalize each ghost’s face!
I knew I wanted to make mini cakes again, the personal hunny pot cakes were such a huge hit with the kiddo’s I wanted to do something similar. So what was was a FUN Halloween character that would be easy enough for anyone to make? What’s the easiest COSTUME to make? A GHOST! The key to the shape for these cakes is the Wilton Mini Wondermold pans.
Bake the cakes (this recipe made 6 FULL mini wondermold cakes, but you could make 8 slightly shorter ones as well) and let them cool, keeping them upside down place them on a plate and frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting.
Roll out the fondant, about 1/8 of an inch thick (usually I say 1/4 inch so you don’t get ripples, but we WANT ripples in this case).
Cut out a large circle, about 6-7 inches, and drape over the frosted cakes! Let it ripple, and pull it into place if you have any place where the fondant isn’t touching the plate.
Place some black gel in a small container and add a LITTLE BIT of the clear vanilla or vodka to turn it into a paint (if you have edible food markers you could use those instead, but they are kind of tricky to draw with without denting the fondant)!
Now have FUN and paint on GHOSTLY faces!
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 3/4 C + 1 Tbs flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 lrg eggs
- 8 oz pumpkin puree
- 1/2 C mayo
- 1/2 C water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 3-4 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- mix the wet ingredients together
- pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth and combined
- spray 8 mini wonder mold cavities with bakers joy
- bake 35-40 mins, until tester comes out clean
- Let Cool
- Beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth
- add the powdered sugar and mix, scraping the sides, until smooth and just the right thickness (more of less powdered sugar to get the right texture)
The kiddo’s LOVED coming home and celebrating October with these sweet treats. I will say this mini cakes are like the size of 3 cupcakes, so I didn’t let the kids eat the ENTIRE thing in one sitting… So what is your favorite Halloween character? Ghosts? Mummies? Spiders (don’t day spiders)? Bats? don’t forget to check out the other posts from today’s installment of the blog hop AND the amazing posts from the rest of the week!
1. Mini Ghost Pumpkin Cakes
2. Easy Halloween Sculpey necklace
3. Owl-ween Party
4. Easy Halloween Cupcake Wrapper Wreath
5. Halloween Polka Dot Pillow
6. Halloween Dinner Party Table Setting
7. Halloween Party Garland
8. Halloween Oreo Truffles
9. Skeleton Hat
10. Fabric Halloween Wreath Tutorial
11. Pumpkin Carving 101
12. Dress It Up Halloween Trick-or-Treat Bags
13. Lips as Red as the Rose (an ICE Resin belt buckle)
14. Easy Halloween Caramel Apple Dippers
15. Raccoon Mask
16. Pumpkin Tea Towels
17. Easy Halloween Window Cling