This is one of my go to dinners. It’s quick and easy, my kids LOVE it and so do the adults. It what my mom asks for every time she comes to visit, and my non pancake eating brother in law even likes them! We like them with homemade syrup just fine, but our favorite is when there are fresh strawberries available!
These create wonderfully thick pancakes. If you like your pancakes thinner you can do 3 C milk, and 4 eggs instead. Also this can be easily doubled, but by the end of the batter it will naturally get a bit thinner. When I’m done making enough pancakes for dinner I like to add mini chocolate chips to what’s left. The leftover coconut chocolate pancakes make a great after school snack for the kids!
- 3 C flour
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 - 1 C coconut (your preference)
- 2 1/2 C milk
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 3 Lrg eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In first bowl wish together the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet over the dry, mix just until combined, should be lumpy.
- Cook over med- med/high heat or using a griddle at 325 (pancake heat).