It doesn’t get much better than fried foods! ESPECIALLY when those fried foods are SWEET! Copy cat recipes of the popular Fair foods – fried Oreos and fried Twinkies, etc… you have GOT to try making these delicious treats for yourself! Easy AND impressive and OH SO delicious.
I love love LOVE fair foods and of course I’ve tried fried Oreos and Twinkies before, I enjoyed them and they were super fun to make at home, but I have to say the COOKIE DOUGH blew me out of the water, like seriously if you only make one make that one….
word of warning, I tried to also fry regular sized peanut butter cups and cadbury eggs. they were so heavy they sank, the batter fell off and trying to get them out was almost impossible so the chocolate melted and burned on the heating elements… It was a smelly mess. I think if you are going to try anything chocolate covered (like the mini snickers) it needs to be UBER mini and small so it floats. I’m willing to try the peanut butter cups again, but the mini ones, not the small, but the MINI…
Fried Sweets - Oreos Twinkies Snickers Cookie Dough Balls
- Oreos, Twinkies, Cookie dough and or mini candy bars
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 C whole milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- Freeze the candy or treats for at least 2 hours, I prefer overnight
- Heat the oil to 375 F
- whisk all the other ingredients until smooth.
- bring out the frozen treats a few at a time.
- stick toothpicks into the ones you can
- Drench in the batter and shake off slightly
- Fry for 1 - 1 1/2 mins each side
- Top with a sprinkling of powered sugar and serve warm!