Is there anything better than breakfast foods? I think not, I think I could eat breakfast food for every meal of the day. I have quite a few homemade syrups in my fridge at any given time, but this buttermilk syrup is a constant, it’s a family favorite and everyone loves it. It’s easy to make and the flavor is incredible!
I have been making this syrup for years now. I originally got it from my sister, she brought it to a crepe bar breakfast at my aunts house and I fell in LOVE! I use serve it with my crepes and french toast, but I think I could drink this stuff… and it stores great.
- 1 C buttermilk
- 1 C butter
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Combine the buttermilk, butter, sugar and syrup in a LARGE sauce pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil on medium heat and boil for 5 mins, stirring constantly.
- Remove it from the heat and continue stirring and add the vanilla and baking soda (the mixture will get HUGE when you add the soda, just keep stirring and it will go back down).
- serve warm, keep refrigerated.
Make sure you use a LARGE pot cause when I say it bubbles up when you add the baking soda I MEAN it! Seriously huge, it’s fun to watch, but not so fun if it overflows. My kids enjoy helping me cause it’s like a science experiment right in the kitchen (like the volcano experiment). So what is YOUR favorite syrup? I’m always looking for a new one to add to my collection!
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Fortune Cookie Recipe – Video Tutorial - January 22, 2020
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020