It doesn’t get much easier or tastier than making a quiche! Starting with a simple pastry crust then filling it with bacon, cheese, spinach and artichoke and all held together with eggs. Perfect for Breakfast, Brunch or Breakfast for Dinner!
How I created this bacon spinach artichoke quiche recipe
A few years ago I decided to conquer crusts. I had been at a blog conference that Martha Stewart spoke at and when someone asked her what her favorite crust recipe was she answered “it depends on the filling”. I had never considered having more than an american flaky pie crust in my arsenal and all of a sudden I realized there was more than one crust out there!
Crusts are something that not everyone feels comfortable and I decided to change that for myself. SO I went about learning everything I could about crusts. And I created this post with my 4 favorite crusts. The Pate Brisee crust doesn’t have any sugar so it’s perfect for savory dishes. I use it here in this quiche but also for my turkey and chicken pot pie recipes and anything else savory I make with a crust.
For the filling that was easy, bacon and cheese – check, then and some (lots of) garlic – then I decided to add spinach and artichoke (just like in my spinach artichoke dip I love these two together) . BUT the best part is its easy to change any of these ingredients up and create any quiche you’d like.
Just take me to the Quiche Recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for this spinach artichoke quiche, along with links to other breakfast recipes and get straight to this delicious quiche recipe and video – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
How to make the Perfect Quiche recipe
- Crust – you can use any crust you feel comfortable with – I like the pate brisee because it doesn’t have any sugar so it’s perfect for savory dishes. But you can also leave out the sugar in a crust recipe you love and use that
- Eggs – this party is simple – just use a whisk to beat them really good before you add the rest of the ingredients so you don’t get egg white chunk throughout the quiche – BUT don’t use a beater – you’ll over beat the eggs and they’ll have too much air and then volume
- Flavor – I stick with salt, pepper and garlic. I also like to use onion in my quiche – but you could easily use shallots, or green onions in place. You cold also sautee the onions first or even caramelize them for a different flavor
- Cheeses – you don’t have to add cheese – but why wouldn’t you!!! I use parmesan and Mozzarella but a good pepper jack would be good too! or an sharp white cheddar… Maybe I’ll make a simple cheese quiche one of these days! Mmmmm
- Fillers – Again I used bacon, spinach and artichoke hearts but you could do sauteed mushrooms too or instead of… seriously there are so many options here! just don’t over fill as you want there to be enough filling to egg ration to bind the quiche together! I’d love to hear what your favorite quiche ingredients are!
To make this Bacon, spinach artichoke quiche recipe you’ll need (or like having):
Fast Easy Bacon Artichoke Quiche Recipe
If you try this easy Quiche Recipe and love it as much as we do, please leave a 5 star review. Be sure to share on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest and tag me @ashleemariecakes so I can see it and share! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love this Bacon Spinach Artichoke Quiche you’ll love these other Breakfast recipes!
To watch just how easy it is to make this quiche recipe play the video in the recipe card
Spinach Artichoke Quiche
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp cold butter cubed
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 6 Tbsp ice water
- 6 lrg eggs
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 7 oz artichoke hearts chopped
- 8 oz fresh spinach chopped
- 1/4 C onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed/chopped finely
- 2/3 C mozzarella shredded
- 1/3 C parmesean freshely grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 C bacon bits
- In a food processor combine the flour, butter shortening and salt and process to a coarse meal texture.
- Add the vinegar and water and process again, the dough will moisten and pull together
- Pat into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate for 15-30 mins
- Roll out the pastry dough and place/pat into a 10 inch tart pan, prick the bottom, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate another 15-30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Beat the eggs and milk together
- Add everything else and stir until the mixture is evenly mixed
- Pour into the pastry crust
- Bake for 35-40 mins until the crust is golden and the quiche is set
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020