Kay so a few weeks ago was National soup day and I shared my all time favorite white chicken chili… THEN national chili day came around AND I finally broke down and bought an instant pot… SO I figured what better way to see if I hated it or loved it by trying it with one of my favorites… SO for those of you looking to speed up my AMAZING white chili recipe here is a pressure cooker version but with all the same flavor and deliciousness.
Kay so a few weeks ago was National soup day and I shared my all time favorite white chicken chili… THEN national chili day came around AND I finally broke down and bought an instant pot…
SO I figured what better way to see if I hated it or loved it by trying it with one of my favorites… SO for those of you looking to speed up my AMAZING white chili recipe here is a pressure cooker version but with all the same flavor and deliciousness.
The first thing I did was research changing recipe over for pressure cookers, THEN I studied others chili recipes.
I found that most were either 1. using canned beans or 2. cooking the dried beans but then sauteing the onions and chicken in another pan!
But I’m going for maximum flavor AND fewer pots. SO I decided to first cook the dried beans, then simply drain them and hold them off to the side.
Rinse the pot and saute the onions and chicken quick like a bunny then re-add the beans and other ingredients. It was way easier than I thought and the kids loved it!
And of course I loved starting dinner super late and still eating at a decent time! (confession I tend to forget about dinner until like 5 pm so unless I filmed a dinner recipe that day we tend to eat very very late).
I thought I would miss the process of cooking and maybe for some recipes I would – but this cut down on the boiling time (2 hours for the dried beans in the stove top version) but didn’t cut down on the cooking process too much.
SO the big question is… what to make next! And do you WANT to see more instant pot recipes. Maybe a cheesecake?
Not sure how I feel about that as I’m such a huge cheesecake snob, but I figure I should try it at least once, right? I made a teriyaki chicken that I fell in love with… but of course didn’t take pictures of (ate it too fast) so I’ll remake that for SURE!
Instant pot White Chicken Chili
- 1 lbs dried white beans
- 10 C water
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 lrg yellow onions chopped
- 1 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 7 oz diced green chilies
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 5 C chicken broth
- 1 C full fat sour cream (don't add until after cooking)
- 1 lbs Monterey jack cheese (don't add until after cooking)
- Add the dried beans, water, olive oil and salt to the pressure cooker
- Press BEANS and cook on high for 30 mins – let it naturally release for 10 mins then rapid release
- Drain the beans and set aside for later
- Rinse and wipe out the instant pot bowl and replace in the machine, leave open and press the sauté button
- Add the onions and olive oil and sauté until translucent
- Add the Chicken and garlic and sauté until the chicken has been lightly fried on each side
- Add all the other ingredients, including the precooked beans - EXCEPT for the sour cream and monterey jack cheese.
- Make sure to deglaze (scrape) the bottom so you don't get a burn notice.
- Press the Chili button and cook on high for 20 mins – natural release for 10 mins then rapid release
- Pull out the chicken and shred and put it back into the soup
- Add the sour cream and cheese, and stir – serve with extra cheese and cilantro
And like I mentioned above today is National Chili day! SO the celebrating food bloggers have all created some new Chili recipes to share! We have some new bloggers doing it with us this year so make sure to go over and check out their recipes, pin and comment and share the chili love!
The Celebrating Food Holiday food bloggers 15 new recipes
- Instant pot White chicken Chili – Ashlee Marie (HERE)
- Homemade 3 Bean Vegetarian Chili – An Italian in my Kitchen
- Taco Chili – Simply Stacie
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Chili – Creations by Kara
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili – Real Mom Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Chili – Pretty Providence
- Creamy White Chicken Chili – Crumb
- Instant Pot Chili – Savory Experiments
- Sweet Potato Chili – Namely Marly
- Pork Verde Chili – The Baker Upstairs
- Instant Pot Turkey Lentil Chili – 365 Days of Slow Cooking + Pressure Cooking
- Slow cooker turkey chili – My Mommy Style
- Instant Pot lentil and bean chili – Supergolden Bakes
- Jalapeno Popper Turkey Chili – Premeditated Leftovers
- Award Winning Crockpot Chili – Heather Likes Food
My personal other Chili recipes
And 11 more chili recipes from some of my favorite bloggers
- Manly Steak Chili – Sweet C’s Design
- Cornbread topped skillet chili – Sally’s baking addiction
- Loaded Chili Mac and Cheese – Cookie Rookie
- Fajita Chicken Soup – Lil Luna
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020
- Dense and Creamy Cheesecake Recipe - December 14, 2019