Everyone has their version of this dessert, and this actually comes from my sister, it’s one of her family’s favorite desserts! And it’s so easy to make ahead it’s great for when you’ll be having lots of company over, or going to a party and bringing a treat.
Rather than just make cake this trifles layers all the goopy goodness and ends up SO moist and delicious. My sisters version just uses cool whip, but I like making my own whipped cream. BUT you want to be able to make it a day ahead and not totally dissolve, so STABILIZED whipped cream!
Better than Sex trifle recipe
- Cut the cake into 1 inch sections. Place half on the bottom of your trifle dish.
- Then pour half the can of sweet and condensed milk across the top, then half the caramel, then sprinkle with skor pieces, finish with half the whipped cream.
- Repeat the cake/milk/caramel/skor/cream layer
- Sprinkle the top with MORE skor bars (and a decorative whipped cream border).
- NOW let the trifle sit 8 hours or over night in the fridge! This will let everything set and get extra goopy!
Serve and enjoy!!! What do you think? Do you have a favorite “better than sex” recipe?