I love lemon, it’s one of my favorite flavors and I cook and back with it all the time. Like my Sour Cream Lemon pie, Lemon Salmon and Lemon Scones… Mmmm So you’d think I’d love traditional lemon bars, right? WRONG. Something about the texture, I’ve just never been a fan. THEN my sister made these for me and I DIED.
She got this recipe from her HS best friend and that’s as far back as I know them, but I ADORE THEM. Seriously I will NEVER bother with making traditional lemon scones again. The top and bottom crust on these bars is SO good, and instead of being kind of gelatin like the filling of these is creamy goodness.
As you can see in the video it seriously is a SUPER EASY recipe – and doesn’t take anything super fancy to make and is done super fast! I will say I adore my kitchen iq lemon zester though if your going to get yourself something fun. I always have these ingredients on hand so it’s super easy to toss in the oven whenever I have a craving for them (which has been often recently)!
Oatmeal Lemon Bars
- 1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C oats
- 1/2 C packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1/4 C lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all the crust ingredients until crumbly.
- Press half of the mixture into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 375 for 7-10 mins.
- Mix the filling ingredients with a mixer and spread over crust.
- Crumble the rest of the crust mixture over the top.
- Bake another 15-20 mins until the center is set.
And that’s it. The last step for me is to HIDE IT, cause I hate sharing. And I can down this entire pan in a day… OR make two pans, share one and enjoy the other… My family always knows when I’ve baked, it smells so good, so it’s hard not to share something. How about you? What are some of your favorite flavors you bake and cook with?
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020