These scones are flavorful and smell divine. They have an amazing texture and of course a huge flavor. I love how quickly they come together and they never last long! They are great for breakfast, brunch and snacks!
Back in March I got to attend an amazing blog bootcamp at Walt Disney World. I hadn’t been to Walt Disney World in YEARS (10 years), but it’s seriously one of my favorite places ever. I went BY MYSELF and squeezed in as much as I could!
The first afternoon a bunch of us bloggers meet up at Epcot and enjoyed walking around the Garden Festival! It was of course lovely, but the BEST part was the pop up restaurants in each land! I picked my favorites and have been trying to recreate them, copy cat recipes!
Disney Epcot Garden Festival pop up Restaurants Copy Cat Recipes
First up Lemon Scones from England! These scones were SO good (and OH MY WORD the smell was AMAZING, we could smell them from Canada!) I actually went back and got another batch that night AND 2 days later I got yet ANOTHER batch!
The scones by themselves are nice, but with the Berry Coulis and Creme Fraiche??? SERIOUSLY GLORIOUS! OR these are AMAZING with a lemon sugar glaze. It’s nice and sweet and extra lemon-y, Mmmm.
These scones are SUPER easy to make! After I used my zester on my lemons I also chopped them up REALLY finely, I didn’t want any long strings of lemon zest in my scones. Or instead of a zester you can use a fine grater.
I wasn’t sure what my kids would thing, as they are used to my chocolate chip scones, but they loved them too! They didn’t care for them plain, like I do, and they weren’t sure about the creme fraiche, but they loved the coulis and the glazed versions!
scones are easy to make and taste amazing, flavorful and crumbly and oh so delicious
- 4 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 2/3 C granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 6 Tbsp cold butter cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg yolk beaten slightly
- 10 Tbsp freshly squeeze lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 400°.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon zest and mix again.
- Using pastry whips or a pastry blender cut the butter into the mixture until it's become fine crumbs.
- Pour in the cream, the yolk, and the lemon juice and blend it together until the dough holds together.
- Scrape the dough onto a flour-dusted surface and then, using floured hands, knead it gently three or four times.
- Create 4 equal sized balls
- Flatten the balls into a disk about 3/4-inch thick, then cut it as you would a pie into 6 wedges.
- Bake the scones in the center of the oven until golden brown, about 16 to 18 minutes. Serve with Berry Coulis and Creme Fraiche
More Disney copycat recipes
Do not miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email