I love breakfast foods. I love sweets and I love breads. I think scones are pretty darn perfect! I make a triple batch of these about twice a month and they never last more than 2 days! I pretty much eat them for breakfast, lunch, snack and midnight snacks until they are gone!
It literally takes longer to preheat the oven than to prepare these for baking. I toss everything in my bosch and it’s good to go! It’s an easy enough recipe that the kids can help me make them, which is always fun. They love helping me shape, cut and then top the scones.
Personally I prefer mini chocolate chips in these. They are super easy, I always have them on hand and I always get a little bit of chocolate in every bite! BUT I’ve made them with peanut butter chips, chocolate chunks, dried cranberries, etc… sub out ANYTHING you want for the chocolate!
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/3 C granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 C heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream for topping
- Sugar Crystals
Preheat oven to 425 dgrees
- Whisk flour, sugar, powder, salt and Chocolate chips.
- Add the cream to the flour mixture and mix until moist.
- Then knead the dough in the bowl 5-10 times, this should clean up the sides.
- Transfer the ball to a slightly floured surface and pat out to one large 8 inch circle (or two small circles) about 3/4 inches tall.
- Then cut each circle into 6 pieces and transfer to baking sheet.
Brush top with extra cream and sprinkle on the sugar crystals.
- Cook for 12-15 mins.
These dress up nice for holidays too, you can pat the dough out into 3/4 inch and use cookie cutters to make shapes. You can top with any color of the large sugar crystals too! These are a go to for holiday breakfasts at our house! What would you put in yours?Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a very small percentage.