Candy and blood-stained glass are both common elements of Halloween. Why not combine the two with this sweet bloody sucker?
How I created this Bloody Sucker Recipe
I’ve always loved fall – I mean what’s not to love about comfort food, brisk clean air and colorful fall leaves! And it doesn’t hurt that my favorite holidays are all close at hand now too!
Thanksgiving and of course Halloween! I will say since being on the Halloween Baking championship on Food Network last year Halloween has become even more fun!
So today I’m sharing another Halloween Party food that I made for my Watch Party last year AND the Creative Foodies all have some party foods for you as well (link here).
So… blood – it’s the easiest way to halloween up ANY food! These are just suckers that instead of being on sticks I cut to the size of slides and added some red candy coloring to to create the “blood”. SUPER easy too!
Just take me to the Homemade Sucker Recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for edible bloody slides, along with links to other Halloween candy and get straight to these delicious bloody slides – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Tips to Make the Perfect Edible Blood and Candy Glass
- The Silpat mat left small impressions on the slides – so if you want yours to be perfectly flat you’ll want to stick with just using parchment paper, personally I kinda like the texture.
- IF you want it to be perfectly clear – without the yellowing you see here that comes from the heat, then using isomalt and distilled water is a better option (and would be sugar free too).
To make these Homemade Suckers you’ll need
- Candy thermometer
- Candy flavoring (any flavor!)
- Silpat mats or parchment paper; I use the Silpat mats
Edible Bloody Candy Glass Slides
If you love this Halloween candy as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love Bloody Slides you’ll love these other Halloween candy recipes!
To watch me make these Edible Bloody Glass Slides play the video in the recipe card (if you’re on desktop, it should be auto playing for you).
Candy “Bloody” Slides – Halloween Treats
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 2/3 C water
- 1/2 C light corn syrup
- 3 drops candy flavoring
- red candy dye
- combine water, sugar, syrup in a saucepan over med heat
- when the sugar has dissolved turn heat up, and simmer
- Heat to hard crack stage 310°F
- stir in flavoring
- pour over a silpat mat, rotate back and forth to get it flat
- when it’s just started to set but not hard (about 15 mins) use a pizza cutter to cut strips – 1 inch x 3 inches
- use the red candy coloring to paint “blood” onto each of the slides
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020