My husband and I don’t always agree on food. He’s all about veggies and I like meat, carbs and sweets. Thankfully there are a ton of dishes we both absolutely love, but sometimes one of us is head over heals in love with a food that the other doesn’t like.
My husband, and kids, LOVE hummus, like LOVE IT. And I’ve never really been a fan… BUT they were making it like every day, so I figured I needed to find the very BEST hummus recipe I could and give it a fair shot. I mean it’s full of stuff I LOVE, garlic, lemon juice, beans, served on pita bread… SO I did it, a recipe easy enough for my husband and kids to make and one that I can enjoy with them!
- 2 cans (15 oz) garbanzo beans
- 1/2 C lemon juice
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt to taste
- Drain beans, but retain 1/2 C liquid and set aside with 1/4 C beans.
- In a blender or food processor puree garbanzo beans with lemon juice.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, parsley, paprika, cumin and salt and blend
- Add ¼ C bean liquid, slowly to choose the consistency you like
- stir in whole beans.
- Refrigerate 2 hours
- Serve with whole beans, parsley, some whole beans and serve with pita bread or chips
This is one of those recipes that’s better after the flavors sit awhile, but my family rarely wait that long to dig in. It’s a GREAT dish to bring to pot lucks, parties or game day celebrations (like the SUPER BOWL). I personally like it best with fresh pita bread, but my family will eat it on anything and everything, bread, chips, veggies, etc…
Today I did a video collaboration on YouTube with “The Melea Show”, a local blogger and friend of mine! I shared with her three of my easiest game day recipes here (hummus, Chili’s copycat queso and puppy chow)
and she came over to my channel and shared her 7 layer dip!
SOOO do you like hummus? What are your favorite Dips?