We don’t eat out much, I prefer to make my own food, but every once in a while I’ll crave something I’ve eaten before someplace and we’ll head over. The sad part is usually I have that one thing and it’s either 1. not as good as I remember, or 2. the ONLY thing good about the meal. SO rather than spend a bunch of money on food I don’t like I usually learn to make my own!
I went through a phase (when I was pregnant of course) when I craved Chili’s skillet queso for like a month straight! Thankfully it’s EASY to duplicate, esp in the slow cooker. This is larger than most recipes, but I have a large family and all the kids love it too. It’s a favorite party food as well, perfect for any potluck or game day get together!
I recently did a live cooking show sharing 8 perfect game day recipes – And of course this dip is one of them! It tastes JUST like the chili’s dip and everyone loves it!
Chili's Copycat Spicy Queso
- 32 ounce box Velveeta cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 15 oz cans Hormel no beans Chili
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cut up the velvetta and place it in the slow cooker
- Pour everything else over the top of the cheese
- Melt, stirring occasionally, 1 hour on high or 2 hours on low
- Serve with chips
Today I did a video collaboration on YouTube with “The Melea Show”, a local blogger and friend of mine! I shared with her three of my easiest game day recipes here (hummus, this Chili’s copycat queso and puppy chow)
and she came over to my channel and shared her 7 layer dip!
What’s your favorite, easy, recipe to take to a party? I’m always on the look out for more great recipes to add to my collection!
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Fortune Cookie Recipe – Video Tutorial - January 22, 2020
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020