Yesterday I shared our Disney “Descendants” viewing party and the love potion double chocolate and walnut cookies! Today our themed food is inspired by Carlos DeVille. He wears his mom’s iconic black and white (with touches of red) BUT he is petrified of Dogs! Having never meet one his mom has convinced him they are rabid pack animals!
Of course he ends up falling in love with the school mutt on his journey to leave his villainous mother behind… THUS black and white puppy chow! It was the perfect themed food for Carlos. This is classic puppy chow that you simply divide into two and cover one half with the traditional powdered sugar and the OTHER half with… BROWNIE MIX! yup! Brownie mix! You can mix cocoa and powdered sugar (like how I create colored powdered sugar) but the brownie mix is easier AND ends up much darker.
Black and White Puppy Chow
- 12 C corn chex
- 2 C chocolate chips
- 1 C peanut butter
- 8 Tbsp softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 C brownie mix
- red heart sprinkles optional
- Microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for 60 seconds, and stir until smooth
- add the vanilla and stir
- pour over the cereal and carefully mix until it's well covered
- Get two large bags (I use small, unused, garbage sacks)
- sprinkles one bag with half the powdered sugar and the other bag with half the brownie mix
- divide the chocolate covered chex and pour into the bags.
- sprinkle the rest of the powdered sugar and brownie mix over their bags (powdered sugar over the powedered sugar, and brownie mix over brownie mix)
- Now comes the fun, shake the bags, a lot, until all the chex pieces are covered
- serve and enjoy!
You’ll notice my version is more chocolate and peanut butter, less cereal than the classic recipe, that’s cause I like mine more covered… But you are more than welcome to add more cereal if you want (crazy talk). And of course I added the red heart sprinkles to bring in that Cruella touch of red!
More Descendants party and food posts