Who doesn’t love a good chocolate chip cookie! Seriously it’s a lifelong staple in our lives. So for National Chocolate Chip cookie day I had to come up with something SUPER fun (since I already have a great chocolate chip cookie recipe, and I’ve already deep fried cookie dough balls). THEN I remembered seeing COOKIE CONES online and I thought… PERFECT!
These are just a classic, crunchy, chocolate chip cookie recipe. If you have one you love try it, but it needs to be thin and crunchy, has to hold it’s shape. No soft cookie recipes will do for THIS! So There are a few tutorials out there, I did mine waffle cone style, a large circle that you roll into shape, overlapping the ends.
Now for this video I used 1/2 cup of dough and patted it into about a 6 inch circle, but I will say it makes HUGE cones, and these are more filling than classic waffle cones. SO you can also size down, I also made medium and small cones with 1/3 cup dough or 1/4 cup dough. The 1/4 cup, about 3 1/2 inches patted out, were PERFECT for the kiddo’s, still a little big, but not TOO much.
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350° F.
- mix the flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until combined (scrap the sides if needed)
- Stir in mini chocolate chips
- Place 1/2 C of batter on a silpat mat of a cookie sheet (for smaller cones use 1/3 or 1/4 cups)
- spread out to a 6 inch circle (or 5 or 4)
- bake 9 mins, the edges will be golden.
- pull out and let cool 2 mins
- using parchment paper flip the cookie over, and take an ice cream cold mold covered in parchment paper and roll up (using the large piece of parchment paper to help hold the cookie onto the cone)
- leave wrapped securly in the parchment paper with the cone mold for 15 mins
- makes 8-9 large cones, 12-13 medium or 17-18 small cones
Seriously I’m addicted to ice cream, I think I have 6 homemade batches in the freezer right now, and I love finding new fun ways to serve them! these cookie cones are my new favorite for SURE! Honestly the large cone was even too much for me! Just make sure you let them cool COMPLETELY before adding the ice cream, no reason to facilitate faster melting!
And today is National Chocolate Chip Cookie day! WHAT! love food holidays! AND so do some of my favorite blogging friends! If your new to the blog once a month me and some amazing food bloggers pick one food holiday a month to celebrate! So here are 10 more brand new recipes for you and 10 more oldies but goodies!!!
- Chocolate Chip cookie ice cream cone – HERE
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars – The Stay At Home Chef
- Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – Real Mom Kitchen
- Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies – Butter with a side of bread
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies – Life Made Simple
- Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookies – The Baker Upstairs
- Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – Creations by Kara
- Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies – Yummy Healthy Easy
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza – Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake – Like Mother Like Daughter
More of my chocolate chip cookie recipes
More amazing Chocolate Chip cookie recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Shot Glasses – The Stay At Home Chef
- Chocolate Chip PB Oatmeal Cookies – Creations by Kara
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies – Butter with a side of bread
- browned butter and sea salt chocolate chip cookies – The Baker Upstairs
- White Chocolate Coconut Cookies – Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – Real Mom Kitchen
- rolo stuffed chocolate chip cookies – Like Mother Like Daughter