Last Saturday I was asked to speak at the Utah Home Show! It was so much fun! Every hour they had a different blogger sharing recipes. Because the holiday’s are coming up I decided to share my favorite potluck recipes! Easy, fast and tastes great, the perfect things to bring to a holiday party!
First up, my Family Cheese ball recipe! I grew up on this, not sure who created it first in the family but my mom and sisters and I all love it. When Kraft first discontinued carrying Roka blue we hoarded our stashes, only making it on special occasions. Finally Kraft brought it back, but seasonally, so every winter we each stock up!
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- Jar of Kraft Roka Blue Cheese spread
- 4 Tbsp butter (softened)
- Small can chopped Olives- drained
- Chopped Pecans
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese, butter and roca blue until completely incorporated. Then mix in the olives.
- Scrap it into a semi ball shape in the bottom of the bowl, cover, and refrigerate until firm.
- Pull it out and either roll it into one large ball or cut it in half and make 2 smaller balls
- Then roll the ball(s) into the chopped pecans. Keep refrigerated, serve with your favorite crackers (I like wheat thins and thin Triscuits best)
The really weird thing is I’ve never liked any other cheeseballs, in fact most of them kind of gross me out, but I love love LOVE this one! And my kids do too! So they never last long around our house. I make this about 6-8 times a year and it’s always gone within days.