This is one of those classic pot luck recipes, one everyone has had and one that everyone has probably made. Mine is just a bit different because instead of just Velveeta and salsa it adds the fresh sauteed onion and pepper which I think really enhances both the flavor AND texture of the Queso!
This is another one I’ve been eating as long as I can remember! I’m not sure where it originated from, my Mom? My Grandma? my Great Aunt? all I know is it doesn’t feel like the holiday’s without a batch of this. This batch makes a ton and since my husband doesn’t like it I’ve been known to eat almost a whole batch myself over a weekend! Now the kids help me out.
I made this dip as part of a live cooking show with 8 easy potluck, game day recipes. I mean seriously it couldn’t be easier and everyone loves it. I like keeping it in a slow cooker so it stays a nice even warm temperature while enjoying, but the leftovers I just heat in a bowl and enjoy.
have you enjoyed this series? I am so excited for the holiday’s, and potluck parties. I love being social and meeting new people! Do you have a favorite party food I should add or that I forgot about?
Slow cooker Chili Con Queso Dip
- 2 lbs velvetta cheese
- 24 oz jar picante sauce
- 1 Lrg onion chopped
- 1 Lrg green pepper chopped
- 3 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- Sauté onion and pepper in butter on med/high heat until the onion is translucent but not too soft
- mix everything in crock pot, melt on low heat stiring occationally
- leave on warm to serve
- serve with frito's scoops or tortilla chips
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020