I have spent the last month making a ton of recipes for this really fun Mystery Ingredient Blogger Showcase contest! If you follow me on Instagram you’ve seen a little bit of it. The secret ingredient was Colman’s Mustard, both the mustard and the mustard powder.
I used both in various recipes (hint, mustard ice cream was NOT good) and submitted the four I liked the best. I found out yesterday that my Baked Salmon had made it to the final 40! YIPPEEE! It was my husband’s and kids favorite out of all the recipes I made. I’ll share the other mustard recipes I submitted next week for you guys to try out!
I personally have never liked mustard as a condiment, not on my hamburgers or hot dogs, but I LOVE the flavor of Mustard in baking and cooking! It’s great with Salmon, chicken, beef and more and works well with ginger, garlic, chili powder, rosemary and more. So I quickly made a wish list of fun recipes to create. I ended up trying 10 out of 15 that I worked on, and I can’t wait to try the rest (after a mustard break for the family).
- 2 lbs salmon (whole or filet's)
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp horseradish
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Rinse and pat dry the salmon and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon skin side down on parchment paper on a cookie sheet or in a baking dish.
- In a bowl mix the rest of the ingredient.
- It will become a thick paste, smother the top of your Salmon.
- Bake 8-10 mins (usually 10 mins for each inch of your filet, but watch it and don't over cook it!
We’ve actually made this Salmon dish three times since I first perfected it! It’s THAT good!Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Ashlee Marie when you shop!