Kay I got some kinda big news… Eeeep! I’M GOING TO BE ON FOOD NETWORK! Seriously. I keep pinching myself I can’t even believe it. Halloween Baking Championship is 4 episodes long. It starts with 7 baker and ends with ONE winner. It was one of the most fun and most stressful experiences of my life. I would do it again in a heartbeat. It’s hosted by Richard Blais (Winner of Top Chef All-Stars) with Judges Sherry Yard (renowned pastry chef), Ron Ben-Israel (hello, couture cake decorating rock star) and Carla Hall (also from Top Chef).
Cause I know people will ask, here are the details.
- No, I didn’t wear my stilettos. IN FACT, I had to go out and BUY flats (I didn’t own any) just for the show cause I knew I’d be running around the kitchen and I didn’t want to risk tripping and falling on TV
- The show airs every Monday in October, starting October 5th 9/8c. It should be on youtube the next day for those of you without cable. Those of you in SLC I’d love to invite you to the viewing party I’m throwing (just leave me your FB email in the comments and I’ll add you to the invite).
- Yes we already filmed the show, but I haven’t seen anything but the commercial so I’ll be watching it for the first time with you guys. It’s gonna be kind of trippy but in the most awesome way.
- NO I can’t tell you how I did, how anyone else did, who won, or if I even know who won.
And now… my fellow bakers. If someone had told me before filming that I would become best friends with this group of strangers I would never have believed you. We are seriously all so different. BUT that’s exactly what happened ! We STILL chat everyday in group texts and messages. We have grown so close and shared so much it’s insane and wonderful at the same time.
The first day we meet was crazy. Nerves and excitement all rolled into meeting strangers your going to spend excessive amount of time with for hours and hours for days on end. None of us knew what to expect but we all just started sharing and it never stopped (often we share TOO much). So check out the Audrey, Chef Scott, Jason, Smiling Jen, Erin AND the most interesting man in the world Rudy.
Being on a TV set was incredible, a dream come true, seriously magical! The set was INCREDIBLE! The supplies alone! I wish I could go back just to spend a week in that kitchen just playing, literally EVERYTHING you could ever dream of having in a kitchen… And the Halloween decor was so much fun, the details were awesome, I can’t wait to see it all on screen!
Pick up the October Food Network Magazine and flip to page 146 to see cupcakes from each of us bakers. And for those of you who CAN’T come to my viewing party I’ll be periscoping BEFORE and AFTER the first episode and tweeting live, so if you have specific questions about the episode get on and ask (I’ll answer what I can)! ALSO I’ll be doing posts AFTER each episode, so come back here on Tuesdays to see my recaps and hear my thoughts on each episode.
All the Halloween Baking Championship recipe recreations:
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020