Alright this is my last bacon post for awhile – promise. Bacon month has been fun and we’re ending on #internationalbaconday so PERFECT. I think my love of all things maple bacon is well documented – so here is ONE MORE for you! seriously the perfect breakfast!
my traditional cinnamon rolls FILLED with chunks of bacon and topped with maple cream cheese frosting. How do you feel about meat in your sweet breakfast foods? Personally I’m a HUGE fan!
Maple Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 C warm water but not too hot, between 100 and 120.
- 8 Tbsp butter melted
- 3/4 cup warmed whole milk
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 C all purpose flour plus more for dusting counters
- 8 Tbsp softened butter
- 3/4 C packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 12 slices thick center cut bacon
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 Tbsp butter softened
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp maple
lightly stir the yeast, sugar and warm water together in the bottom of your mixing bowl
let sit 5-10 mins (until double is size) to activate the yeast
With the mixer on low add the milk, butter, sugar, egg and salt
Add the flour 1 C at a time (you might not need the full 5th C) you don't want the dough to be sticky, but you don't want it to start pulling away from the sides either
Pour it into a greased bowl, cover with a damp towel and let rise, someplace warm, until doubled in size, about 60 mins.
bake the bacon 375 degrees 15 mins, stop before it gets crisp
flour your counter top and pour the dough on to it, knead it LIGHTLY and roll it out into a long rectangle, about 15x26 inches. You want it thin, that will give you more twists, about 1/4 inch thick
cover the dough from edge to edge with the soft butter. Use it all, don't be stingy.
mix the sugars and cinnamon and cover it entirely, again use it all, it will be thick.
chop bacon over the top, spread evenly
Starting at one of the 15 inch sides roll it up.
slice into 12 rolls, 1 1/4 inch thick
the rolls in a 9x13 pan let and rise slightly, 30-45 mins.
Preheat the oven to 350
bake 18-23 mins
When it's golden brown and doesn't feel squishy anymore it's done!
Beat the frosting ingredients together until smooth and you can either spread across the top
AND of course since it’s international bacon day I have more bacon recipes to share with you from the Celebrating food bloggers!
10 new recipes
- Maple Bacon cinnamon rolls – HERE
- Maple Bacon Waffles – Real Mom Kitchen
- Bacon Jam – The Stay At Home Chef
- BLT Cobb Salad – Life Made Simple
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza – The Baker Upstairs
- Smothered Pork Chops with Bacon Crumbles – 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Bacon Cheese Rolls – Creations by Kara
- Bacon Wrapped Meatballs – Butter with a side of bread
- Bacon Cheese Pastries – Food Crafts and Family
- Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Chicken Rollups – Yummy Healthy Easy
All my bacon recipes
- maple bacon cheesecake
- bacon cheese tater tots
- maple bacon fudge
- bacon alfredo spaghetti squash
- bacon linguine carbonara
- maple bacon waffles
- maple bacon donuts
- candied bacon
- maple bacon cupcakes
four MORE amazing bacon recipes
- Gourmet bacon mac & Cheese – The stay at home chef
- Jalepeno onion bacon wrapped hot dogs – Sweet C’s Design
- Sweet and Spicy bacon wrapped chicken – The Recipe Critic
- Triple pork breakfast fatty – Hey Grill Hey