I’ve mentioned before how much we love “breakfast for dinner” at our house. These easy scones are more like “breakfast for snack” or even dessert… Or lunch, or midnight snack, etc… Seriously I make them all the time, changing up the shape and whatever I put into them. I make a TRIPLE batch of these and eat them for pretty much every meal until they are gone!
I’ve shared this chocolate chunk scone recipe before with just chocolate, BUT for valentines day I had to make something special for my sweetheart. His favorite flavor is peanut butter and chocolate so it just made sense to do half and half! Add some red or pink dye, and a heart shaped cookie cutter and BAM the perfect treat for Valentines day!
My kids loved coming home to these for their after school snack. AND my husband loved the special touch of using the peanut butter chips. What would YOU add for your special someone? Any favorite flavors you love in baked goods? Or that you add for special for your family? If I was making these for myself I’d make my Lemon scones. Maybe I’ll try a coconut version… Ohhh YES that sounds SO good right now!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk Valentines scones
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/3 C granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/6 tsp red food dye
- 1/3 C chocolate chips
- 1/3 C peanut butter chips
- 1 1/4 C heavy whipping cream keep out some extra whipping cream for later
- 1/3 C red sugar crystals
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Whisk flour, sugar, powder, salt, powder food dye and the chips.
- Add the cream to the flour mixture and mix until moist.
- Then knead the dough in the bowl 5-10 times, this should clean up the sides.
- Transfer the ball to a slightly floured surface and roll out about 3/4 inches tall.
- Then I used my small heart cookie cutter to cut out hearts.
- Brush top with extra cream... and dip the wet top into a plate of red sugar- I like the large chunky sugar for these.
- Put them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and cook at 425 for 12-15 mins (until the top JUST starts to brown)
And there you have it, SUPER easy, tasty with a great texture AND SOOOOO pretty!
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020