We love pizza, let’s face it who doesn’t, an american family staple. But The same old same old get’s so BORING! It’s nice to have a change so when my sister mentioned chicken fajita pizza I was intrigued and had to try it. I LOVE IT!
You can mix your own fajita seasoning (I include the spices in the recipe, OR you can simply use your favorite powdered fajita mixture. Instead of using pizza sauce your going to use your favorite salsa. I prefer a picante, but if you like the chunky stuff go for it. That’s one of the best things about pizza, you can totally personalize it!
- 1 Pizza Dough Recipe enough for 2 pizza's
- string cheese for stuffed crust pizza
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2-3 chicken breasts - cut into pieces
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 C salsa
- Mexican style shredded cheese or mozzarella if you can't find Mexican style
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Saute the pepper and onion in the oil and add the chicken to the pan once it's hot.
- Mix the 10 dry ingredients together and sprinkle over the chicken (or just use 3 Tbsp of fajita mix)
Roll the dough out (and make it stuffed crust if you want at this point)
- Sprinkle half the chicken, onion and pepper over one pizza dough
- Sprinkle half the salsa over the pizza
- "Sprinkle" as little or as MUCH of the Mexican style shredded cheese as you'd like
- Bake for about 12 mins (I cook mine on a pizza stone for a crisp crust)
Easy peasy! And oh so good! I know it sounds a little… strange, salsa on pizza, I was totally wary at first. BUT seriously I love it, it’s SO good. The kids weren’t won over (they are more picky about their pizza toppings, they prefer cheese and pepperoni – boring), but the ADULTS loved it, it was a huge hit.
So tell me… what are YOU favorite pizza toppings? I’m usually about the white sauce pizza, alfredo, garlic, etc.. And I love chicken on pizza, oh and steak… And fun cheeses, like feta…