As I’ve mentioned before we love family movie night! AND we love popcorn! We tend to trade off between flavors (candied, kettle, butter) but the one we make the MOST often is Caramel Popcorn! We make it TWO ways, either cooled off and in a bowl, more on the crunchy side…
OR more caramelly (what? caramelly is a word, right?) and soft and in BALL form! The great thing about caramel popcorn balls is everyone get’s the same amount, not fighting… The BAD thing about it is they tend to be more messy… BUT hello… more CARAMEL!
I made a video showing how I create the caramel popcorn balls, they are actually super easy and a ton of fun, and something even he kiddo’s can help with. And if yours are anything like mine they LOVE to help in the kitchen. Sometimes the stuggle is just finding something safe for them to help with!
Soooo which way would you serve it? more popcorn and crunch? or softer and more caramel? there is NO WRONG ANSWER! the good news is you can have it both ways! Go here to get the caramel popcorn ball labels (for neighbor gifts)!
- 1 C butter
- 1 C light corn syrup
- 2 C packed light brown sugar
- ½ C granulated sugar
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 8-12 C popped popcorn less will be messier, and gooier, but I like it, more for a looser caramel popcorn
- Bring the butter, syrup, and sugars to a boil, keep bubbling over med heat until it hits the softball stage (240 degrees - use a<br><div id="ertmp_1" class="erdeleteme"><a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FB6IFY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001FB6IFY&linkCode=as2&tag=imtotu-20&linkId=7CEKBOCFDB4ABVWS" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" data-mce-href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FB6IFY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001FB6IFY&linkCode=as2&tag=imtotu-20&linkId=7CEKBOCFDB4ABVWS">candy thermometer</a></div><p>)</p>
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla and boil 1 more min
- pour over the popcorn and stir
- spread the popcorn out and let it start too cool
- spray your hands with cooking spray and portion it out into 8 sections and ball up.
- Continue to check back and ball and turn until they cool enough that they stay in their ball forms
Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a very small percentage.