There isn’t much I enjoy more than fun themed foods at my kids birthday parties – and muddy buddies are ALWAYS a huge hit – easy to make and addicting to eat. And of course easy to personalize!
Super easy to make but I also have a trick to get your muddy buddies nice and white (so they aren’t super sticky and much prettier).
Add your favorite orange, grey, black and even white candies and your done! I used orange sixlets, mini orange candy balls and black candy balls and grey M&Ms, but there are so many colorful candies out there now you can really have fun with it.
everyone loves muddy buddies - and they are so easy to personalize for any theme, like these fun star wars BB8 muddy buddies!
- 2 C chocolate chips
- 1 C peanut butter
- 8 Tbsp softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 C corn chex
- 3 C powdered sugar
- assorted orange, grey, black and white candies
- Microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for 60 seconds, and stir until smooth
- add the vanilla and stir
- pour over the cereal and carefully mix until it's well covered
- Get a large garbage bag and pour half the powdered sugar in the bottom
- pour the cereal into the bag, and add the rest of the powdered sugar.
- Now comes the fun, trying to keep as much air in the bag as you can, shake the bags, a lot, until all the chex pieces are covered
Once your done, add candies of your choice. Done!
Muddy Buddies are one of my favorite treats to make for a party, what is your classic treat that you make for any party?
MORE STAR WARS “THE FORCE AWAKENS” PARTY POSTS
Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a very small percentage.