There isn’t much I enjoy more than fun themed foods at my kids birthday parties – and muddy buddies are ALWAYS a huge hit – easy to make and addicting to eat. And of course easy to personalize!
Super easy to make but I also have a trick to get your muddy buddies nice and white (so they aren’t super sticky and much prettier).
Add your favorite orange, grey, black and even white candies and your done! I used orange sixlets, mini orange candy balls and black candy balls and grey M&Ms, but there are so many colorful candies out there now you can really have fun with it.
BB8 muddy buddies
- 2 C chocolate chips
- 1 C peanut butter
- 8 Tbsp softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 C corn chex
- 3 C powdered sugar
- assorted orange, grey, black and white candies
- Microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for 60 seconds, and stir until smooth
- add the vanilla and stir
- pour over the cereal and carefully mix until it's well covered
- Get a large garbage bag and pour half the powdered sugar in the bottom
- pour the cereal into the bag, and add the rest of the powdered sugar.
- Now comes the fun, trying to keep as much air in the bag as you can, shake the bags, a lot, until all the chex pieces are covered
- Once your done, add candies of your choice. Done!
Muddy Buddies are one of my favorite treats to make for a party, what is your classic treat that you make for any party?
MORE STAR WARS “THE FORCE AWAKENS” PARTY POSTS
[riview showtitle=always id=64 name=parties tags=the-force-awakens size=150x150 lightbox=0]
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER!
Become an insider and receive this FREE Maple Icing Recipe (not seen on the blog!)
We featured your BB-8 Muddy Buddies on The Friday Blog! You can check out your feature here:
Thank you! and Thank you so much for the credit:)