I make oreo ball pops for almost every party, I like them better than cake pops – but the idea is the same – you can make these with cake pop mixture if you prefer – but hello – oreo truffles? DELICIOUS!
easy easy peasy – so here is a quick video tutorial on how I make these, and showing JUST how easy they are! AND they are WAY smaller than my normal pops (cause I had to make the center smaller to fit the cookie wings better). AND so truly bite sized, which is good and bad – good cause it’s easy to eat the whole thing – bad cause you tend to eat more than one!
- 3 C Oreo Cookies about 36 cookies
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese softened
- 8 oz chocolate wafers for dipping
- black gel food dye
- 1 box 100 calorie oreo cookies
- Crush the Oreo's - I use a food processor for a finer crumb
- Add the cream cheese and mix well
- refrigerate 2- 3 hours then use a mini cookie scoop to scoop out then roll into balls and freeze for 5 mins
- Melt some chocolate and add some black candy dye until your happy with the darkness level
- dip the end of a lollipop stick into the chocolate and then into the balls, freeze another 5 mins
- dip the balls into the blackened chocolate, and add the hexagon shaped cookies, one to each side and hold for a few seconds until the chocolate starts to set
- keep refrigerated until you serve
and there you have it! super cute and a huge hit! AND they fit ANY star wars party, not just the force awakens! SO do you have a favorite Star Wars movie?
MORE STAR WARS “THE FORCE AWAKENS” PARTY POSTS
Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a very small percentage.