The easiest recipe by far from the Star Wars birthday party I threw my daughter were these no-bake wookie cookies. I mean seriously- and perfect for these warm summer months too, because, well – no bake! And they are made of ingredients I always have –
- 1/2 C butter
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 C peanut butter the sweet stuff - jiff or skippy
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 C quick-cooking oats - important
- 1 C sweetened coconut
- Add the Butter, sugar, milk, cocoa powder and salt to a saucepan.
- Bring to a rapid boil and let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth, then stir in the oats and coconut.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (or 2 tablespoonfuls), drop onto parchment paper.
- Let cool until set, about 30 minutes.
And a note on the oats – if you use regular oats the cookies will be hard to chew and seriously not good, I made the mistake the first time I made these years ago, I couldn’t figure out why everyone liked these awful cookies so much – turns out need to use quick oats – it made all the difference!
MORE STAR WARS “THE FORCE AWAKENS” PARTY POSTS
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020