And we’re back with more Star Wars goodies! I have this amazing edible sand recipe I use for beach based cakes and so I KNEW I wanted to do something to represent Jakku (the desert planet we find Rey living on) and then I found this mold for the Imperial Destroyers and AT-AT’s, which the planet is littered with, so I knew it was fate! I simply had to narrow down what recipe to use!
There are so many round/roundish treats perfect for parties, but it needed to be big, and I already had oreo balls… so cheese ball it was! And rather than go with my savory traditional cheese ball (which the edible sand would NOT have been good on) I decided to go with something SWEET! And since I’m completely obsessed with S’mores right now it was an easy choice – S’mores cheese ball!
As you can see it’s a super easy one to whip up and it made a great treat for the adults at the party who weren’t as obsessed with finger foods as the on the go kids! I’ve made it a few times this summer already, perfect for summer gatherings (just keep it chilled) and great with nilla wafers and graham crackers (tip – I like it with the CHOCOLATE graham crackers – awww yeah)
- 6 graham crackers
- 18 nilla wafers
- 1/3 C packed light brown sugar
- 16 oz full fat cream cheese
- 1 C marshmallow creme/fluff
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 C mini chocolate chips
- 1 C mini marshmallows
- 16 oz white chocolate
- few drops of black candy food dye
- Imperial destroyer/AT-AT mold
- Grind one by one in a food processor (just adding the new ingredient each time)
- store in an air tight container for a few months
- beat the cream cheese until smooth
- add the marshmallow fluff and beat again
- add the vanilla and salt and beat until smooth
- add the powdered sugar and beat again
- add the chocolate chips and marshmallows and pulse to mix in
- place plastic wrap into a round bowl and plop the mixture into it, bring up the sides and wrap into the shape of a ball - chill 4 hours or over night
- the next day roll into the edible sand (or just crushed graham crackers if you just want the S'more cheese ball)
- serve with more nilla wafers or graham crackers
- melt the chocolate
- stir in a few drops of black until your happy with the level of grey
- pour into the molds, shake to get out bubbles and refrigerate for an hour or so
- pop out and add to the cheeseball
If you don’t want to make the edible sand you can just crush some graham crackers and roll the cheeseball in that as well! so easy peasy! SO tell me – what’s your favorite Star Wars Plant? Personally I like the green ones – as a gal who grew up in oregon the more wet and green the better IMO!
MORE STAR WARS “THE FORCE AWAKENS” PARTY POSTS
Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a very small percentage.