I don’t eat out much, but when I do I tend to find food I LOVE then figure out how to recreate it at home! I esp love pasta’s! so this is a total twist (as in missing a bunch of stuff) on penne rustica from macaroni grill.
It’s a spicy creamy sauce over mini penne and sauteed chicken! Mmmm It’s one of my kids absolute favorites, when they smell me cooking it, they come RUNNING! I make a double batch of the sauce, then put aside half so we can have it again a few days layer with fresh chicken and pasta (but way less work!)
I also LOVE fresh herbs, Rosemary is one of my favorites and fresh rosemary makes ALL the difference. I like to make this dinner with my Rosemary Bread Recipe. I don’t bake it after mixing it (to get a crisp top) because I feel it dries it out too much, but feel free to put it in a cute dish, sprinkle more Parmesan on top and broil it a few mins before serving!
You can use chicken broth instead of the “better than bullion” but I prefer being able to control my own chicken stock flavor, and I’ve never had a chicken broth that had as good of a flavor as the better than bullion has!
So do you have a favorite pasta? do you have a favorite place you like to eat out, or a favorite dish you want to figure out how to make???
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp cooking wine
- 2 C heavy cream
- 1 C grated fresh parmesan
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C water
- 1/2 tsp better than bullion - chicken
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 lbs penne pasta cooked al dente and drained (I like the mini penne)
- 2 chicken breast sautéed and sliced (I cube it for my kids)
- Melt butter in sauce pan, add garlic and sweat for 5 mins.
- Add wine cook for another 5 mins.
- Add the next 10 ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Simmer 10 mins until thick.
- Stir in the pasta, meat and sauce top with more parmesan and serve!