Are you guys excited about more Thanksgiving pops? I hope you enjoyed the Pilgrim hat and the Pumpkin Pops from yesterday, and of course the full Make and Take OREO ball’s party! I can’t wait to show you the rest of the pops over the next few days.
Teepee’s have been huge the last few years, they make great forts for play rooms, so they were an obvious choice for one of the Pop shapes! I will say while they look easy if your adding candy confetti for the teepee “artwork” it’s hard cause the chocolate gets hard so fast and you don’t have a ton of time to stick pieces on so if you want more details you can either use edible markers, bigger candy pieces or paint some warm chocolate on where ever you want to add a piece. And because I used a lighter color of chocolate I suggest using lighter OREO’s for the filling (recipe here)
So getting the shape right is the first thing to do. I used a large round tip (wilton #2A) for my base, shove the corner of the baggie all the way in and fill with a light colored OREO ball filling (this one is birthday cake, Mmmm). Pull the bag out and un mold. It’s not quite the right shape, but a little manipulation (bring the top ot more of a point and squish it down a bit squattier) and your good to go!
I used White Chocolate and Peanut butter chips melted together to get this tan color. Dip the sucker stick into the chocolate and push it into the bottom of the teepee shape. refrigerate until it”s firm again. While that’s firming up sort the edible confetti you’ve chosen so your ready to decorate! Dip the pop into the chocolate completely and shake off the excess (tap and spin works best). Working fast (before the chocolate hardens) add three chocolate non peril’s for the tent sticks, then add any candy that you want as teepee decorations.
don’t forget to check out the other Thanksgiving OREO pop’s as they become available. Esp the full Make and Take party (You should totally throw your own). I love wrapping these up and giving them away to neighbors (so I don’t eat them all myself). Everyone loves them, which is your favorite?
Thanksgiving OREO Cookie BallsPrint Pin Rate
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 36 OREO Cookies finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 16 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate melted
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020
- Dense and Creamy Cheesecake Recipe - December 14, 2019