Last winter one of my cousin’s came by to do holiday baking with me (she’s come by before – to make this history of civilization cake and this was her wedding cake – love having cousins close) and in addition to all my normal recipes she requested to make her mom’s Rocky Road fudge – I get a lot of great recipes from my Aunt Lynne.
Now I add about double the frozen mini marshmallows that my aunt does and less nuts – but that’s the great thing about cooking from scratch – that you can personalize it to fit your own style!
Now as you can see I highly recommend getting a candy thermometer! Personally I believe it makes a huge difference when making fudge. And they aren’t that pricey – so it’s not hard to get started!
Rocky Road Fudge
- 20 oz chocolate bars or wafers
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 C butter
- 4 C granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 C mini marshmallows
- 2 1/2 C mini marshmallows frozen
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz pecans chopped
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- first place half the marshmallows in the freezer
- in a large bowl add the chocolate and butter and set it aside
- in a saucepan combine sugar, evaporated milk and bring to a boil and heat to the softball stage - 235-240 degrees F - (remember to adjust to your altitude)
- once it's up to heat add the regular mini marshmallows and stir until melted
- take off the heat and pour over the butter/chocolate
- stir until the chocolate is melted and it starts to lose it's shine.
- add the vanilla and stir
- add the pecans and stir
- add the frozen marshmallows and stir
- pour into a buttered (or parchment papered) 9x13 pan
- refrigerate overnight - cut into squares
So do you love fudge? What’s your favorite flavor? and do you have a favorite technique? do you swear by marshmallow creme, mini marshmallows or some other family favorite tried and true fudge recipes?
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020