It’s always fun to create edible decorations for your food – it’s one of the reasons I enjoy cake decorating! These pineapple flowers are super easy to make and perfect for adding to cakes, brownies, ice cream dinner plates – anything that has pineapple in it! You just have to make them the day before so they have time to dry.
The trick is to get the pineapple slices as thin as possible – BUT I had a couple thicker ones and they worked too – they just took a little longer in the oven – no big deal!
There are hundreds of tutorials for this online – my instructions are no different than theirs – but as long as I was making them to go on my pina colada ice cream I figured I might as well film making these as well for you! I’m super visual so I love video tutorials, how about you? Any recipe of mine your looking for a video tutorial of?
How to make Dried Pineapple Flowers - video tutorial
- 1 Whole Pineapple
- preheat oven to 225
- Trim the skin off a pineapple
- Cut out the eyes, individually or cut a diagonal row - whatever you prefer
- Slice thin slices, as thin as possible for the best results
- Dry out the slices slightly between layers of paper towels
- Place flowers on a baking pan (with parchment paper or silpat mat)
- Bake for 30 mins, then flip the flowers over and bake another 30 mins
- Shape the flowers however you like (I used a standard muffin tin) and let dry overnight!
- Add them to your favorite Pineapple dish!
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER!
Become an insider and receive this FREE Maple Icing Recipe (not seen on the blog!)
Jednoduché ale moc krásné!!A určitě i moc dobré.
how long will these pineapple flowers keep?
I threw away some after a few weeks that had been sitting out and still looked just fine, but they did soften up a little
I made these and they came out beautiful, BUT, they quickly wilted when placed on cake! Is there something I could do to remedy this?
Hmmmm were they thin enough, so that they really got dried out when baked? I didn’t have a problem with them wilting but I did have trouble with some of the ones I cut too thick needing to be baked longer than the others before they held their shape.
Your recipe are great! put my e-mail in you web site I want to receive your up dates of what you put out.
wonderful! thx for joining the newsletter!