This creamy pear and lime jello dessert is easy to make and delicious. An easy to make dinner jello – creamy texture and amazing flavor – this is a fun sweet treat you get to serve with dinner. It may sound like and odd combination but it’s seriously amazing.
I grew up with dinner Jell-O (or sometimes referred to as Jell-O salad). I didn’t know it was a strange thing until I grew up! Of course now I live in UT where it’s a “little” more common. Do you have a favorite family recipe that others think are weird but you love?
Jell-O Salad’s aren’t salad, but they aren’t dessert either… They are a delicious light treat, that my kids love and ask for all the time. My Brother in Law fell in love with this recipe when he married my sister and he can finish off an entire pan himself! I enjoy eating pieces of it the next day for treats though out the day, breakfast, lunch dinner
Stir in the cream as much or as little as you like. It’s kind of fun getting a chunk of the cool whip/cream in your serving, as a child we all felt like a winner if we got the biggest blog! I’ll often stir in the full 8 oz smooth, then add extra whipped cream for small chunks!
Let set in fridge overnight! And serve!
We serve them in squares, and as children my sisters and I couldn’t just eat them, we’d use our forks to cut away jell-o to create shapes! My favorite was always a house… As a mom I watch my kids do the same thing- it’s the one time it’s okay to play with their food!
So did you grow up with Dinner Jell-O Salad? Never tried it? Will you?
Lime Dinner Jell-O
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese
- 29 oz large can of pear halves or two small cans
- 1/2 C Ice
- 6 oz lime Jell-O packet
- 1 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Open the Pear cans and drain the juice into a microwave safe container.
- Boil pear juice in microwave (2-3 mins).
- Add Lime Jell-O, and stir till dissolved.
- Add 1/2 C Ice, stir until the ice milk
- Put the cream cheese and pears in the blender.
- Add the cooled jell-o/juice mixture and blend it until its smooth.
- Then pour into glass pan (9*13).
- In a bowl add the whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form
- add plops of whipped cream to the mixture and swirl, stir it together - you can stir until it's totally smooth or leave a few chucks
- refrigerate until set, around 4 hours