First off CONGRATS to Angie from Big Bears Wife on the birth of her little man!!! A bunch of us bloggers who know and love her decided to throw her a virtual Baby Shower since we can’t be there in person (the joys of online friendships). So down below the recipe will be links to all the posts from everyone else – have fun checking them all out! Now Angie loves all things Disney and southern food – so I originally thought about making something from the parks – but then I remembered these donuts that I hadn’t shared yet but are perfect for bringing to a shower – sweet, but not too sweet, carbs (always good) but with a light lemon flavor they don’t feel heavy – PERFECT!
I actually originally made these donuts for the New Years eve party food that went along with this Glitter filled cake, and these Raspberry Cream puffs and of course this Raspberry curd tart… I just kinda forgot about these donuts somewhere along the way! BUT they quickly became a family favorite and we make them all the time!
- 1 1/3 C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest zest of one lemon
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 lrg egg
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 C greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 C powdered sugar
- 1 C raspberries
- 1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- preheat the oven to 325
- in a medium sized bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon zest - set aside
- in another bowl beat together the melted butter, sugar and egg - this will be light in color
- add in the milk, lemon juice, yogurt and vanilla and mix until just combined
- spray 1-2 donut pans with non stick spray
- I put my batter into a piping bag and piped the batter into the donut pans for ease and less mess, but you can also carefully spoon it in, be careful - I clearly overfilled mine - a little goes a long way as these will rise! so don't over fill!
- bake at 325 for 7-8 mins, they will be golden brown, cool on a wire rack
- put the raspberries, cream and lemon juice into a blender or small food processor and blend until smooth
- add 1/2 the puree to the powdered sugar and stir - add more as needed to get the right texture - don't feel like you have to use it all
The edible glitter is optional of course – and something I pretty much only do for parties, not day to day 😉 And some people will argue that no glitter is edible… I’d argue that it won’t poison you and will pass through my body someday – in the mean time I’m glitter filled, and that’s fun – BAHAHAHAHA, Anyway enjoy this little bit of baked celebration
Please take some time to check out all the amazing recipes we made for Angie’s virtual baby shower!
Appetizers & Salads:
Creamy Grape Salad with Toasted Pecans from Unsophisticook.
Mini Chicken and Waffles from Sweet Beginnings.
Pimento Cheese Stuffed Buttermilk Biscuits from It’s Yummi.
Savory Cucumber Melon Salad with Honey Thyme Vinaigrette from Cooking in Stilettos.
Spicy Southern Deviled Eggs from This Gal Cooks.
American Pierogi Casserole from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen.
Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Butter Sauce from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Pimento Cheese Tomato Ham Sliders from Honey and Birch.
Banana Pudding Layered Dessert from High Heels and Grills.
Brookies from Baked Bree.
Caramel Corn from The Redhead Baker.
Caramel Pecan Cheesecake from Cooking with Carlee.
Chocolate Chip Clouds from All Day I Dream About Food.
Lemon Donuts with Raspberry Glaze from Ashlee Marie
Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Cupcakes from Sugar-Free Mom.
Mickey Mouse Candy Pops from The Decorated Cookie.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet.
Small Batch Rhubarb Strawberry Jam from The JavaCupcake Blog
Classic Yellow Butter Cake with Fudgy Chocolate Icing from That Skinny Chick Can Bake.
Yellow Cupcakes with Peach Cream Cheese Frosting from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt.
Worms and Dirt Cookie Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips.