So today I attempted to use the mold to make Lego suckers (are they still suckers without sticks? These are like Jolly Ranchers). But it didn’t go as smoothly as the gummie’s did.
I thought the gummie’s thickened quickly. These suckers started going hard so fast I couldn’t even spread it around very well. I couldn’t get the base plate to stick into it (too hard by the time I tried, so they can’t stack. Oh well, live and learn). It was fun to try and fairly simple, now that I know what NOT to do, I think we’ll end up trying it again soon!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 light corn syrup
- 1/2-1 1/2 teaspoons candy flavoring
- Food coloring
- Mix the sugar, water and corn syrup together in a saucepan.
- Cook it over med-high heat, stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Boil until it reaches the hard-crack stage, which is about 300 degree on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and add food coloring slowly, then add the flavoring.
- Pour quickly but smoothly into the molds.
- Don't worry about any bubbles, they'll go away on their own.
All Lego Mold posts: