This versatile fast easy bread recipe can be used for everything from dinner to dessert. All made in under 60 mins.
This is a sponsored post for Fast Easy Bread – all opinions are my own
All about Fast Easy Breads
I don’t know about you but I don’t always think ahead when it comes to dinner – and by the time I do some days it’s super late by the time food is done.
My friend Lindsey runs this shop called “fast easy bread” where she sells the ingredients and shares the recipes to make a ton of breads in under 60 mins!
Yup – under 60 mins that includes prep, rise time and baking! Everything from white bread to Cinnamon rolls. She has recipes on the site for all sorts of breads, savory and sweet.
She came by my house a few months ago and we made the base dough and then made simple crescent rolls, stuffed crust pizza, peanut butter and jelly bread braid and then delicious caramel pecan monkey bread!
The video is down in the recipe card so you can see what the dough looks like and how easy it is to make all these breads!
Just take me to the Fast Bread Recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for easy bread, along with links to other bread recipes and get straight to this delicious fast bread – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Tips to Make the Perfect Quick and Easy Bread
By using the fast acting yeast you don’t have to pre-proof the yeast. You also don’t have to have the water a specific temperature.
Also by using the fact acting yeast you can cut out the first rise, saving time, and the final rise will be shorter.
Liquid lecithin will bind the ingredients together. This will result in a smoother dough with better texture.
Egg yolks have natural lecithin so by using liquid lecithin you can cut out the eggs making your bread allergy friendly as well.
Lecithin can be sticky and messy to use so use your tsp to make dimples in the dry ingredients – then squeeze the lecithin right into the tsp shaped dimples for easy measuring!
Spray the counter and your hands with non stick spray – its a great way to avoid over flouring your dough and non stick spray has lecithin in it so as you knead and shape your dough it will continue to get a smooth texture.
Fast Easy Bread Supplies you’ll want:
- Liquid Lecithin – Here are two options – Liquid Soy Lecithin or Liquid Sunflower Lecithin
- You can get the lecithin and the fast acting yeast in a bundle here – Homemade Bread Bundle or Homemade pizza and bread bundle
- A good rolling pin – I like this Black walnut french style rolling pin or Celtic knot french rolling pin
Fast and Easy Bread
If you love these bread recipes as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love bread you’ll love these other bread recipes!
To watch me make this Quick and Easy Bread Recipe play the video in the recipe card (if you’re on desktop, it should be auto playing for you). You can find all my cooking show style recipe videos on YouTube, or my short recipe videos on Facebook Watch, or my Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Fast and Easy Breads
- 1/4` C butter
Peanut Butter and Jelly Braid
- 1 C Peanut butter
- 2/3 C Jelly
- 1/4 C melted butter
- coarse sugar for sprinkling
Stuffed Crust Pizza
- 2/3 C pecans – whole or chopped
- 1 C sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 C brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Mix the dry ingredients, including the instant yeast
- use a tsp to dimple 2 tsp shapes into the dry ingredients
- squeeze the liquid soy (or liquid sunflower) Lecithin into the dimples for easy, clean measurements.
- add 1 3/4 C water and mix until everything is together
- keep adding the water a little at a time until you are happy with the consistency. Mix for another 5 mins.
- spray the counter and your hands with non stick spray and turn the dough out onto the counter
- bring the dough together into a ball and cut the dough in half – use one of the halves for each of the recipes below.
- For white bread – spray 2 bread pans and add the dough, let rise 25 mins and bake at 350 for 25 mins!
Crescent Rolls – each half makes 12 rolls
- preheat the oven to 350, add a 1/4 cup of butter to a jelly roll pan and place in the oven to heat the pan and melt the butter while you shape the rolls
- Roll the dough into a large Circle and using a pizza cutter cut into 16 triangles
- starting at the wide end stretch the dough out and then roll up to the point
- take out the pan and roll the shaped rolls in the melted butter and set on the pan (point tucked under the rolls)
- cover and let the rolls rise for 15 mins
- Bake for 15 mins, until golden
Peanut Butter and Jelly Braid – each half makes one braid
- preheat the oven to 350
- Roll out the dough into a 15×12 rectangle
- Spread some Peanut butter down the middle 1/3 and top with some jelly across the top
- Cut 1 inch wide strips down each side. Starting at one end fold alternating strips at and angle across the filling – tuck the ends under, pinch and seal.
- cover and let rise for 5 mins – optional brush melted butter across the top and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 25 mins, then let rest for 5 mins before slicing
Stuffed Crust Pizza – each half makes one pizza
- Preheat the oven to 415
- roll out the dough into a large circle
- Cut the 5 string cheese's in half long ways and place around the edge of the pizza dough, wrap the edge of the dough around the cheese and press to seal
- Mix 1 tsp of the pizza and pasta seasoning with the 8 oz of tomato sauce and spread across the pizza
- Top with Pepperoni, shredded mozzarella cheese and more pepperoni
- mix 1 tsp of the pizza and pasta seasoning, garlic salt and olive oil, and brush around the crust
- Don't let rise and immediately bake for 25 mins
Monkey Bread – each half makes one bundt pan of monkey bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a bundt pan with non stick spray
- Roll the dough out to a 12×12 square and then cut into 1 inch strips both directions using a pizza cutter – creating 1 inch squares
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and roll the dough squares into the the mixture a few at a time.
- Sprinkle the pecans at the bottom of the pan and add the cinnamon sugar dough squares evenly around
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in the microwave for 2 mins, stir until smooth and add the heavy cream and stir. If the mixture is still a little grainy microwave for another 30 seconds to 1 min.
- Pour the microwave caramel sauce over the dough in the pan. Cover and let rise for 15 mins – until the dough is about 2/3rds up the side of the pan.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until the top is golden brown
- place a plate over the pan and flip it over, then take off the budnt pan and enjoy!