This recipe is my husbands favorite treat. AND it couldn’t be simpler. SERIOUSLY, this one came from my aunt years and years ago. It made it’s way into our yearly Christmas treat rotation and never left! I always have the ingredients for this one around so when we want a quick treat it’s one that frequently get’s made.
You can make it with creamy or crunchy peanut butter, it doesn’t make a difference, the only thing that changes is one has a smoother texture, one has the crunch! So it all comes down to what your preference is. My husband likes the crunchy so that’s what we usually make. But when my daughter makes it she likes the creamy.
Chocolate no bake Peanut Butter BarsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 pkg graham crackers
- 1 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 C melted Butter
- 1/2 C peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- Crush the graham crackers, you can do this with a rolling pin over a freezer ziploc bag or in a food processor for smoother texture (my favorite)
- Mix it with the powdered sugar
- Pour in the melted butter and mix until it's crumbly.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until combined
- Press into a 9x13 pan
- Melt the chocolate and pour over the peanut butter, smooth it out as best you can.
- Let the chocolate set then cut and enjoy!
As for the chocolate you can make it milk or dark, whichever you like. Use your favorite chocolate, or like me, use a mix of chocolates so it doesn’t have the flavor of one brand. Wait until the chocolate sets to cut it into bars, you can refrigerate it for awhile to help it cool, but not too long, otherwise when you go to cut it the chocolate will shatter.
My sister uses this recipe to make homemade peanut butter cups. Personally I just don’t have the patience for it, the bars are SO easy it’s a great way to go.
Neighbor gifts and goodie plate recipes
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie - February 3, 2020
- Instant Pot Parmesan Risotto Recipe - February 1, 2020