A few weeks ago I shared my favorite Brown Sugar Shortbread cookie recipe and I mentioned that I like to use it as a tart base sometimes! THIS is that tart! Cream cheese frosting and all the fresh fruit you’d like make this a great treat that both adults and kids will like!
We obviously like a lot of berries at our house, but you can add ANY fruit to this, That’s part of the fu! You can even cut up a ton of fruit and let the kids make their own. Decorating this tart is actually half the fun in my opinion!
Start with the shortbread recipe and press it into the bottom half of a tart pan a 1/3 of an inch thick. Make sure you prick the bottom with your fork, deeper than we did for the cookies, it’s not about pretty fork detail this time, it’s about even cooking
- Preheat the oven to 325
- press the shortbread dough about 1/3 of an inch thick and stab with a fork all over
- bake 35-45 mins, until golden across the top
- Let it cool completely
- Beat the cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat until smooth (add more powdered sugar if you need to thicken the frosting)
- Spread over the shortbread crust (you don't have to use it all)
- Then comes the fun, adding the fruit and decorating your tart!
What fruit would you put on your tart? Obviously we love strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. But my kids also like banana’s (blech – you guys know about my banana issues, right?). My sister likes kiwi’s, blueberries, mandarin oranges.Don't miss out on new posts. Subscribe to Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Ashlee Marie when you shop!