I adore cake – and cookies – so it only seems right to put these too together sometimes (like this peanut butter S’more cookie cake). The first time I made one was for my Oldest 10th birthday – and she’s requested it every year since! It’s also my mom’s favorite… SO I probably make this 2-3 times every year!
Now this can be done with any cookie as long as it’s a thicker cookie – the runny, thin cookies could totally be a cake, but a slightly different style – and I like this thick version! more on the cake side than some cookie cakes!
Don’t miss the video where the girls and I create a mothers day care package for my mom – but this cake isn’t just for mothers day – it’s year round goodness – perfect to take to parties as well! Like Holiday parties! surprising a friend with a birthday cake, bribing someone to help weed your yard..,. Etc.!
- 2 lbs chocolate
- 2 C whipping cream
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar
- 3 cubes butter softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda (heaping)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 C oatmeal ground (turns into 3 C)
- 3 C flour
- 11.5 oz bag Chocolate chips
- 6 oz bag dry roasted macadamia nuts pieces
- Make the ganache - chop the chocolate and place in a bowl
- bring the cream to a simmer - pour over the chocolate and let sit for 5 mins
- stir until smooth
- let cool - stirring occasionally, it will thicken as it cools
- Preheat oven to 320
- Beat sugar and brown sugar and butter
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend
- Add the ground oatmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until smooth
- Add chocolate chips and nuts
- place 1 1/2 C of dough into 5 prepared 8 inch cake pans (bakers joy and parchment circles) flatten out dough evenly into pan
- bake 15-17 mins - the outer edges will start to brown and pull away from the pan sides
- let cool in the pan 10-15 mins, then carefully flip out onto your hand, then flip back and let cool on the flat side
- Once all the layers are completely cool use a serrated knife and cut off the tall edges
- Fill the layers and frost the "cake" with the cooled ganache
Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Ashlee Marie when you shop!
Seriously I’m drolling just remembering this cake! AND to cut through this baby you need a good knife – seriously – SO I’ve joined up with some other AMAZING food bloggers to create 12 days of Christmas giveaways! Yesterday’s is on FB and tomorrows is on Instagram – we’ll be rotating through do don’t forget to follow me on all the platforms so you don’t miss one! the prizes are seriously AWESOME!