I love love LOVE Thanksgiving, seriously the BEST holiday ever. I get to spend MULTIPLE days in the kitchen and no one thinks it’s strange, in fact it’s expected! It’s heavenly. And then you get to enjoy amazing food at the end of it all. The ONLY bad parts are 1. you get full WAY too soon and 2. you have to do dishes at the end of it all.
This week I’m sharing some more Thanksgiving recipes (in addition to last years Thanksgiving dinner recipes) AND 4 of my fun local food blogging friends are too! We got together last week to make a complete meal and we can’t wait to share it all with you! Today I’m sharing my Pumpkin Braid over at Rhodes Blog and on Friday we’ll round up all the great recipes!
- 1 small can cream of mushroom
- 1 small can cream of celery
- 3/4 C milk
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 - 5 cans green beans drained
- 1 can (6 oz) French Fried Onions
- 1/2 jar bacon bits
- Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans, bacon bits and 1 1/3 C fried onions
- Pour into a 8x8 or 9x9 pan
- Bake at 350 for 25 min or until hot.
- Stir it then top with remaining onion.
- Bake for 5 min more.
So the key to making this traditional dish pop is to the bacon. Mmmm My husband didn’t love the bacon addition but personally I have never liked green beans until I added the bacon, so… if you love bacon go for it, if you don’t? well leave it out!
Thanksgiving Dinner recipes:
Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a very small percentage.