My kids love frozen yogurt, If they have “green” days at school we go every week as a reward! Last year one of the yogurt places we go to had GRAPEFRUIT flavored frozen yogurt. I love all citrus, and grapefruit is right up there with lemon for me. I wondered if I could make it myself!
The answer is YES you can! I make this dessert ALL the time, and it’s such a great spring flavor for me, I’ve made like 3 batches this month already. My husband and I both love it so it never lasts long!
The key is great greek yogurt, thick greek goodness! I love yogurt, plain yogurt is a family favorite and greek yogurt is AMAZING! I don’t eat it plain greek yogurt plain, but I love using it in recipes!
- 2/3 C Grapefruit Juice (takes about 1-2 grapefruit)
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 Tbsp grapefruit rind
- 1 C Cream
- 2 C plain greek yogurt
- Mix everything until it's smooth.
- Pour into your ice cream maker
- Let it run about 30 mins.
- (I stop it and stir about 15 mins in because the rind sometimes gets' stuck)
- Serve it soft right away, or freeze it for a more firm texture
- I thaw it a bit before serving so it's creamy
When it’s fresh it’s soft and oh so good! When you leave it overnight to freeze it will harden up but it’s not ice cream so I like to leave it out to soften a bit before serving it. It’s such a creamy delicious treat, I could eat the whole batch in one sitting!
So what’s your favorite spring dessert? Here are a few of my favorites