It’s spring break AND it’s autism awareness month! So we’re having fun with some sensory play to keep my Aspie kids active and off the screen this week as much as possible. There are a ton of other crafts we’rd doing but I wanted to share this SUPER easy one that is a huge hit with all my kids.
I sometimes go in the the classroom and help with the holiday parties at our autism spectrum charter school. This activity was a HUGE hit with the 4th graders, something cheap, easy and they could do themselves AND take something home. I’ll DEF be using this one again and again.
- 1 part water
- 1 part glue I think elmers works best
- 1 part liquid starch
- mix the water and glue until incorporated
- pour into the liquid starch and mix quickly
- once it starts to thicken switch to kneading with your hands
- it's even better the next day after getting to sit
- keep in a sealed container as it will spread (and don't leave on carpet or fabric)
Another reason this is SO great is you can change it so easily. Using different colored glue, or white glue with some dye and glitter… seriously the options are ENDLESS and I’m pretty sure my non-aspie 7 year old is the biggest fan of all.
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020