I love the look of sugared berries, they look like they are frozen almost (they would have been PERFECT for my daughters Frozen birthday party, dang it). So when I got asked to create a fun SUMMER cake for the Summer edition of Merry Mag I knew just what I wanted to create… So come back Monday to see a sweet, and EASY summer cake (red white and blue, fresh berries, lemon frosting… )
ANYWAY I decided I wanted to add Candied Strawberries and candied berries to the cake. I was afraid there would be some trick to it, but honestly it couldn’t be EASIER to make! So easy I made you a ONE MIN video! YUP, that easy!
We love fresh berries, but having a sweet crunch is also a fun treat! I can see us making these all summer, to top ice cream, cereal, CAKE, or just enjoy plain! These were gone in MINUTES!
- Fresh Berries blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
- egg white
- granulated sugar
- parchment paper or silpat mat
- whisk the egg whites so they are no longer stringy
- paint the egg whites onto the berries (you CAN pour the berries straight into the egg whites, but get the foam off or it get's goopy rather than crunchy)
- put into the sugar and shake/coat every site
- place onto a tray and let dry
- to speed things up you CAN turn your oven on to warm, then turn it off, place the tray inside and leave the door ajar, your berries will be ready in 10-15 mins
Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a very small percentage.