This is a sponsored post, Kraft Foods sent me jars of MIRACLE WHIP and this recipe to try as part of the #proudofit campaign
If you follow me on instagram you KNOW I love burgers. I have a few favorites, I rotate through, but I always love trying new recipes so when this recipe came up I was excited to try it!
The burger itself was super simple and easy and tasted GREAT! It was moist and tangy and had a great flavor. Then you add the spicy tangy slaw on top and my husband was in HEAVEN! He loves veggies and cabbage is a favorite of his. He asked if we could have it again asap.
Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty when making your own burger mix. So many people just use plain hamburger but adding extras makes a HUGE difference! My tips for burgers – don’t forget they shrink when they cook, like a lot, so make your patties wider than your buns.
Also don’t over cook your burger, if you aren’t sure you can use a meat thermometer. Or my favorite tip is to make an extra patty (it can be a mini one – just make sure its as thick as the large ones) and as soon as you think they might be done cut the mini one open to see if it’s cooked enough, from there you can see if you need to add another min or not.
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 C MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 8 slices KRAFT Singles optional
- 8 hamburger buns
- 1/2 C MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 1 pkg 14 oz coleslaw blend (cabbage slaw mix)
- 1 can 8 oz crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/4 C thinly sliced red onions
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce hot chili sauce
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Mix the meat, garlic powder and 1/4 cup dressing just until blended
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Grill 5 to 6 min on each side or until done (160ºF).
- If you want cheese now is when you add it, just BEFORE it's done so it has time to melt
- Place on the buns
- Combine the rest of the MIRACLE WHIP, coleslaw, pineapple, red onions and Sriracha sauce
- Serve on top of the burger
So it was a little too spicy and too many veggies for my kiddos but the adults loved it. My husband, inlaws, etc… I never would have thought about Slaw as a burger topping but it totally won all the adults over. So for your BBQ’s this 4th of July make sure to have some available for everyone to try!
My favorite part was the burger. I’ve tried lots of different burger mixtures and this was a pleasant surprise! Especially for being so simple. I didn’t have high expectations, but I really REALLY liked it, and so did the kids! Computer boy said he didn’t like the smell (he’s my super sensitive one) but he ended up really loving it as well.
How do you serve burgers for your 4th of July party? I like doing a full bar, with ton’s of topping options for adults and kids alike. Lots of cheeses, condiments and now SLAW. What is your favorite burger topping? or mix in? Or do you like the sides at a BBQ better than the meat (I’m a meat lover, so it’s all about the burger for me).
Since I usually create my own recipes I wasn’t sure what I’d think about the MIRACLE WHIP from Kraft. I just want to honestly share with you guys that these recipes are really great! They are SO well balanced, the flavors just WORK together. In ways I wouldn’t have thought of. Clearly their chef’s are terrific and I can’t wait to try more.
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie - February 3, 2020
- Instant Pot Parmesan Risotto Recipe - February 1, 2020