We love crepes at our house. AND you don’t need a bunch of fancy tools to make them either. This simple recipe has been successful every time I’ve made it and I just use my normal pan to make them!
In fact… I have another installment of my new show “In the kitchen with Ashlee Marie” up TODAY with this recipe. I hope you guys love it! I’ve been wanting to do one for years and I finally have a kitchen with decent enough light to do it! So don’t forget to subscribe to see more videos! I’ve already filmed quite a few and can’t wait to show them all to you!
ANYWAY, you can see how simple they are to make. It’s all about getting your pan heat right and getting the swirl down. Practice with the first few and you’ll have it down. I will say while I don’t have a fancy pan I wouldn’t MIND having one (hint hint husband… perfect birthday present).
- 3 C whole milk
- 6 eggs
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- Put everything into a blender and mix until smooth. Refrigerate the batter for an hour to let the bubbles settle and the batter with thicken a bit.
- heat a large flat skillet on med high and once it's hot pout 3-4 Tbsp of batter, QUICKLY tilt the pan in a circle to cover the bottom. I cook it for about 40 seconds on each side. Use a spatula to loosen the edge and flip the crepe. It depends on how hot your pan is. I LIKE it cooking fast, I can get through the batch faster that way...
- serve right away, or let the crepes cool, stack, refrigerate and serve the next day!
So what do YOU like to fill your crepes with? We have this tart sour cream filling we love, with this buttermilk syrup and of course tons of fruit. We did this whole crepe bar for my mom’s surprise birthday party a few years ago too… we love crepes! BUT I’d LOVE a few good savory crepe dishes. Any suggestions?
MORE crepe recipes:
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Soft Pretzel recipe – Cinnamon and Sugar sticks - January 29, 2020
- Homemade Fortune Cookie Recipe – Video Tutorial - January 22, 2020
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020