I love spicy food’s. Indian is my first choice, but I also love Cajun! As a family we all love Gumbo, but my husband and I love Jambalaya! I also like easy to make meals, and this one certainly is! It doesn’t get much easier than using a rice cooker for a meal, and the clean up is a breeze!
Seriously the spicier the better for me, BUT the kiddo’s and husband prefer it to be a little LESS spicy, so if you aren’t a HUGE fan of spicy food just cut the spices back. Especially the cayenne pepper. For non spicy lovers just cut all the spices in half and they’ll be much happier.
All the veggies will come to the top during cooking so make sure you stir it VERY well before serving. If you want to add chicken or shrimp I’d saute them separately and stir them in when it’s done cooking. ALSO I usually leave my cooked rice in the rice cooker on warm while I enjoy leftovers, BUT for this dish I don’t recommend it, the sausage will turn brown (and unappealing) and the rice will get mushy
Rice Cooker Sausage Jambalaya Recipe
- 8 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Lrg onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 stick celery chopped
- 4 tsp garlic
- 14 oz smoked beef sausage
- 2 1/2 C uncooked short grain rice We like Japanese rice
- 4 C chicken broth
- 2 tsp Creole Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 28 oz can stewed tomatoes if it's too spicy for you use cans of diced tomatoes instead
- Place the butter and onion, pepper and celery in the rice cooker and press cook!
- After about 10 mins the butter will be melted and the onions will start to turn opaque.
- This is when I add the sliced sausage and garlic and let it cook another 5-10 mins.
- Here comes the super easy part... add everything else! Stir and restart the rice cooker!
- When the timer goes off stir the Jambalaya, close the lid and let it sit another 10 mins!
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020