I love a good sweet and spicy sauce and this rasberry chipotle sauce is AMAZING! Back in the day I used to get this amazing raspberry chipotle sauce at Costco – but then it disappeared and I couldn’t find it again. So what’s a girl to do? Make her own!
Now this sauce is great over a soft cream cheese and served with crackers – pretty classic party appetizer actually. BUT my favorite thing to do with it? Serve it on an herbed Pork Loin! Now you can make this with a tenderloin too – but cook it at a lower temp as the tenderloin is more sensitive than a classic loin.
I like to flavor my pork with fresh rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper, then sear it and bake it. Easy peasy. I use a cast iron pan but any oven safe pan will work. If you have a larger pan you can of course cook the whole loin as long piece, but I cut mine in half.
the KEY to cooking ANY meat is a good meat thermometer – worst news? Mine has died, and my new one hasn’t arrived. Thankfully I had reacently been given a cute little keychain thermometer and it worked beautifully – but I like having one that stays in the meat while cooking so I can keep an eye on it!
Pork loin with raspberry chipotle sauce
- 2-3 lbs pork loin
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
Raspberry Chipotle sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic diced
- 1-2 serrano peppers finely diced
- 2 tsp Adobo sauce (if you can't find a jar of adobo sauce alone you can get a chipotle chilies in adobo sauce and use the sauce)
- 2 pints raspberries
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- Preheat the oven to 400
- finely chop the rosemary and thyme
- pat the pork loin dry
- add the salt, pepper and herbs to the pork loin, rub in on every side
- heat olive oil in an oven safe skillet - add the loin and brown on every side - I cut mine in half to better fit in the pan
- place in oven and cook until the meat reaches 145 (for sure use a meat thermometer) about 35 mins
Raspberry Chipotle sauce
- while the meat is cooking heat more olive oil up in a sauce pan - add garlic and pepper and cook for about 2 mins
- add the adobo sauce and stir - hint if you want it much hotter use one of the chilies in the adobo sauce
- bring to a simmer and add the raspberries - stir until the raspberries start to break down and become saucy - about 8 mins
- add the apple cider vinegar, salt and sugar and stir - bring to a boil
- optional - take half the sauce and puree it, then strain the seeds out and add it back to the saucepan - this will help the sauce texture while still leaving some raspberry chunks.
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020