Seems like EVERYONE has their own tricks for how to hard boil eggs. SO I figured I’d share how I do it along with some tips and tricks!
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- 12 lrg eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Place eggs in the bottom of a large pan
- Fill the pan with water, make sure it's at least an inch above the eggs
- Sprinkle Salt and baking soda over the water
- Place a lid over the pan and bring the water to a boil
- When the water starts to boil turn the heat to low (if you have a gas stove if you have a coil just turn it off)
- Let it simmer for 1 min.
- Turn off (or take off) the heat, leave the lid on (don't take it off) and let sit for 10 mins
- Take out the extra egg (bakers dozen remember) and slice it. It should be done but if it's not place the lid back on for 1-2 more mins
- Using a sloted spoon take out the eggs and place in a strainer, run under cold water until cool and refrigerate until your ready to use