Seems like EVERYONE has their own tricks for how to hard boil eggs. SO I figured I’d share how I do it along with some tips and tricks!
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
how to make the perfect hard boiled eggsPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 12 Eggs
- 12 lrg eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Place eggs in the bottom of a large pan
- Fill the pan with water, make sure it's at least an inch above the eggs
- Sprinkle Salt and baking soda over the water
- Place a lid over the pan and bring the water to a boil
- When the water starts to boil turn the heat to low (if you have a gas stove if you have a coil just turn it off)
- Let it simmer for 1 min.
- Turn off (or take off) the heat, leave the lid on (don't take it off) and let sit for 10 mins
- Take out the extra egg (bakers dozen remember) and slice it. It should be done but if it's not place the lid back on for 1-2 more mins
- Using a sloted spoon take out the eggs and place in a strainer, run under cold water until cool and refrigerate until your ready to use
I've heard so many keys for easy to peel eggs over the year I use three of them 1. use 4-5 day old eggs, fresh eggs don't peel well 2. Start with cold water for gradual cooking 3. add baking soda and salt to the water
Calories: 1kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 300mg | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Iron: 0mg
Did you make this recipe?Mention @ashleemariecakes or tag #makesomeawesome and I'll share your image in my Instagram stories!
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER!
Become an insider and receive this FREE Maple Icing Recipe (not seen on the blog!)
Thanks so much for this recipe! It came at the perfect time. I’ve never really followed a recipe, so thanks for making it easy! Happy Easter week.
right? We all think we know how to hard boil eggs, but when it comes right down to it I used to over cook or under cook them, so it was nice to figure something out that works well every time!
I will have to try this – we love hard boiled eggs.
So do we. My kids love them almost as much as I do! So I make these year round.
This makes me excited for easter! I have become a fan of hardboiled eggs lately. YUM! Thanks for sharing your tips! 🙂
I’m craving egg salad sandwich now that I’m responding to these comments. Mmmm I love hard boiled eggs!
I’m making egg salad today. Since I don’t usually cook eggs hardboiled, each time I check to find out how others make sure they turn out alright. I never heard of using baking soda, so thanks for that tip.
your welcome. I’ve switched over to using the instant pot though, it is seriously the best for easy to peel eggs!
My son says thank you because now I’m making the hard boiled eggs that he loves ..last time i tried it felt complicated–this was easy and all are perfect.
I almost forgot the baking soda, added when boiling and it was a super cool bubbling effect. Like when mixed with vinegar-
So we loved even more so 😀
so happy to hear that!!!! we LOVE hard boiled eggs!
This worked perfect!! For once I have deviled eggs that look nice.
Yay! That is what I love to hear, so glad it was helpful!