I am a total meat and potatoes girl, while my husband is a veggie and salad guy. As in he doesn’t like Steak and I LOVE steak. So I don’t usually make heavy meat based meals. On the SUPER rare occasions when we go out to eat I like to go places where I can get a good steak.
But it’s not always economical to get an amazing steak. SO I decided during my last pregnancy (I’m anemic when pregnant and eat a LOT of meat) to learn how to make a GREAT steak. I’ve tried EVERY recipe I’ve been able to find and this is the BEST one!
Perfect Filet Mignon RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 inch thick Filet - room temp
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- heat an oven safe pan (I prefer cast iron) on the stove top with oil.
- when it's nice and hot sprinkle some salt and pepper in the pan and add the filet.
- Don't move it, cook for 2 1/2 mins.
- Then, using tongs, flip the filet and cook for another 2 1/2 mins.
- Flip the filet again and put the whole pan in the oven.
- I like to flip it once during the cook time.
- Once it's done pull it out, wrap it in foil and let it sit for 5 mins.
I like to serve mine with baked potatoes and a homemade roll. If I’m serving my family as well? Then I add a salad!
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Frozen Princess Cake – Anna - December 9, 2019
- Wood Burning Kitchen Conversion Chart Cutting Board – Homemade Cricut Stencil - December 7, 2019
- Frozen 2 Anna Princess Cake Video Tutorial - November 30, 2019