I am a total meat and potatoes girl, while my husband is a veggie and salad guy. As in he doesn’t like Steak and I LOVE steak. So I don’t usually make heavy meat based meals. On the SUPER rare occasions when we go out to eat I like to go places where I can get a good steak.
But it’s not always economical to get an amazing steak. SO I decided during my last pregnancy (I’m anemic when pregnant and eat a LOT of meat) to learn how to make a GREAT steak. I’ve tried EVERY recipe I’ve been able to find and this is the BEST one!
Perfect Filet Mignon Recipe
- 1 1/2 inch thick Filet - room temp
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- heat an oven safe pan (I prefer cast iron) on the stove top with oil.
- when it's nice and hot sprinkle some salt and pepper in the pan and add the filet.
- Don't move it, cook for 2 1/2 mins.
- Then, using tongs, flip the filet and cook for another 2 1/2 mins.
- Flip the filet again and put the whole pan in the oven.
- I like to flip it once during the cook time.
- Once it's done pull it out, wrap it in foil and let it sit for 5 mins.
I like to serve mine with baked potatoes and a homemade roll. If I’m serving my family as well? Then I add a salad!
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020