this post is sponsored by Blog Meets Brand and M&Ms and I was sent free samples to try but the recipe and opinion is 100% my own
What is your favorite part of watching the Oscars??? I love love LOVE the dresses (are you really that surprised?)! This year I can’t wait to watch Neil Patrick Harris, he’s seriously so much fun to watch. So I’ll be sitting at home (comfy in my PJ’s, wishing I was in a ball gown) watching and enjoy some themed PARTY FOODS!
M&M’S® is commemorating the Oscars by debuting a commercial that shows M&M’S characters invading the movies, and since Movies and M&Ms go so well together it’s not surprising I had such an easy time coming up with a few sweet treats to enjoy while watching!
This year I make “Oscar GOLD” peanut M&M’s, “Black Tie” Crispy M&M chocolate krispie treats and Red Carpet M&M candy popcorn! Yup, tons of DELICIOUS for me to enjoy (oh and share…).
So to start out, I pulled out the colors that I wanted. Yellow and orange from the peanut M&M’s, Red from the regular and Brown from the Crispy’s. Now were ready to start (I actually separated ALL of the colors, I’m a little OCD and now I have them organized for other treats down the line.)
Our “Oscar Gold” M&M’s. These are the only ones we’re eating plain, that’s why I picked the peanut M&M’s, they are my favorite plain. Also the first time I tried to spray them they rolled around too much, so I put them on this cooling rack (and the smaller M&M’s would just fall through). Spray them with edible gold spray paint on one side, let them dry, flip and spray again. I tried spraying all the colors, but the others were too dark, the yellow and orange are the only ones that took the gold well.
Now you can’t tell in the picture, they just look yellow, but they are GOLD, and LOVELY! Seriously so pretty, metallic and all gorgeousness. I really wish these pictures could do this justice.
Kay, the “Red Carpet” popcorn.
- 6 C popcorn
- 10 oz red candy melts
- 1 Tbsp shortening optional
- 1 C red plain M&Ms I pulled all the red ones out of 2 large bags
- Pop the popcorn and spread it over a large jelly roll pan
- melt the 10 oz red candy
- If it's too thick you can stir in the shortening to thin it down a bit.
- pour the chocolate over the popcorn
- stir it completely and sprinkle over the red M&Ms
- stir again and spread it out
- let it cool and break it up in chuncks
This is my husband’s and Brother in Law’s favorite. If your going to force the men to watch the Oscars THIS is treat that will keep them happy, and keep their mouths full so they don’t interrupt the show! You can dye white chocolate, but I find that buying the already red chocolate is the best way to get the vibrant color!
And my favorite, the “Black tie” krispies.
Black Tie Crispy Rice Krispies
- 1/2 C butter
- 16 oz mini marshmallows
- 7 C cocoa krispy/pebbles/rice cereal
- 1 C brown Crispy M&Ms I took all the brown out of two bags
- Melt the butter over medium saucepan
- add the marshmallows, cook over low/medium heat until the marshmallows are ALMOST melted, they'll still be a little lumpy
- Pour it over the cereal and stir it, well
- Add the M&M's and stir again
- pour into a 9x13 pan and pat down
- let cool and cut into squares
If you feel the need you can add black candy dye into the marshmallows so that they are darker, but I thought it might look a little too tar-ish so I left them. And I wanna say, these are the BEST rice krispie treats I’ve EVER had! I love the chocolate, the extra marshmallowiness and the Cripsy M&Ms are just PERFECT in these!
And it’s all done! Our sweet M&M treats and we’re ready to enjoy the red carpet and the awards! I’ve already made second batches of everything because they were such a hit and my family ate the first batches! And I’m expecting to make a third batch Sunday! good thing I bought extras of everything!
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020