This recipe could not be easier, or taste better. I’d rather eat these than plain oreo’s. And I like them SO much better than I like cake balls. I use these for all parties, birthday’s, gatherings, etc… And since they are so easy to make they are my go too for a sweet snack when I’m craving something fast and simple. I wouldn’t call them truffles, which is what I was told they were the first time I tried them. So I call them Oreo “truffle” balls.
That’s it! At first I thought these would make a great substitute for real truffles as a treat I could share with my husband and kids while I eat real truffles, but now I love them so much that I don’t want to share these either! I’m I totally bad??? I made a huge batch and ended up hiding them in the back of the fridge so I could keep them to myself! I’m a terrible share girl when it’s a treat I like this much!
Oreo “truffle” Balls
- 3 C Oreo Cookies about 36 cookies
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese softened
- chocolate wafers for dipping
- Crush the Oreo's (I just toss them in to my bosch and use the cookie paddles, but you can use a food processor or rolling pin too)
- Add the cream cheese and mix well
- refrigerate about 3 hours then scoop out into balls
- refrigerate the balls, about 20 mins
- dip the balls in melted chocolate and sprinkles with sugar or other non-perils
Neighbor gifts and goodie plate recipes
[riview showtitle=always id=14 name=recipes tags=gifts size=150x150 lightbox=0]